For many years I volunteered at shelters, walking dogs, socializing cats and caring for old and special needs dogs. It always shocked me to see the number of dogs returned due to behavior problems. The dogs were blamed, no training was given, they were adopted again and often returned for the same reason.
Imagine having 5 owners before the dog was even 2 years old! To me it was heartbreaking and so frustrating. Many people seemed unaware of the importance of training…something that should always be explained at the time of adoption.
I started doing basic training with the dogs to improve their chances of a forever home. For 14 years I had a dog walking and pet sitting business, focusing on dealing with difficult dogs who needed individual walks. I did more than just walk them, I helped with their issues. Becoming a certified dog trainer and behavior consultant was the next logical step. Helping you to help you dog is my true passion in life!
Qualifications and Training:
- ADTB Approved Instructor (Academy of Dog Training & Behaviour)
- How to Train a Puppy (udemy.com course presented by Dr Ian Dunbar)
- Simple Solutions for Common Dog Behavior & Training Problems (udemy.com course presented by Dr Ian Dunbar)
- Treatment & Prevention of Dog Aggression – Biting & Fighting (udemy.com, course presented by Dr Ian Dunbar)
- Animal Behaviour Diploma (companion animals)
- Care of the Senior Pet Certificate (Holly&Hugo)