Whether you’ve just rescued a dog who is 7+ (congratulations by the way!!), or your dog has now reached senior status, this website is for you.
This is THE place to be for all your senior dog care and training questions and needs.
Here’s how I can help!
We don’t often know a rescue dog’s history, and have no idea how well trained her or she is.
It’s possible she didn’t get much of that in a previous home, so you’ll be starting from scratch. It’s also possible you’ve rescued a well trained dog, and needs a refresher after having spent so much time in a shelter.
Care Consulting (This is about health and wellness)
- What to expect as your dog gets older
- What’s a normal sign of aging and what could signal a health concern
- Tips on keeping your dog comfortable, and that includes supplements that may be beneficial
- How to not only exercise your senior dog’s body, but brain as well
- Nutrition and the senior dog
- Ways you and your dog can adapt to hearing and vision loss, incontinence, dementia…
- Getting your senior dog to eat
- Keeping your dog comfortable
- Choosing a vet and ensuring they get the best possible care
- Quality of life issues, anticipatory grief, when to say goodbye, ways to honor their memory
Schedule a FREE 15 minute consultation to learn more about how I can help. There’s absolutely no obligation. Click here to contact me.
All sessions are conducted via Zoom, and here’s how you can learn more about how virtual training works.
Why work with me?
I have been a dog trainer for 12 years, and I’ve been fostering and adopting senior dogs for that same amount of time. I have helped hundreds of people train and care for dogs of all ages, and now I am focusing on my greatest passion – senior dogs. During my time volunteering in animal shelters, I offered training tips and advice to staff and volunteers to increase the chances of dogs getting adopted.