What Does Virtual Dog Training Mean? It means one on one training done online. My sessions are conducted via Zoom but Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or Skype can also be used.
Does it Matter Where I Live? No, and that is the beauty of virtual training. You can connect with me no matter where in the world you live.
Can You Really Train a Dog Online? Yes, you really can! I would not be offering this type of training if my clients weren’t seeing great results.
How Can You Train a Dog Without Having a Trainer Come to the House? Here are a few examples of what an online dog trainer can advise on:
- Peeing in the house
- Afraid of kids/men/dogs
- Lashes out when you’re near his food or toy (resource guarding)
- Pulling on the leash
- Jumping up on people
- Excessive barking
- Begging at the table
- Teaching your dog to sit/stay/come
How Will I Benefit from Virtual Training?
- You can train your dog during quarantine, and while social distancing rules are still in effect.
- Convenience of booking a session anytime you need, no matter where you are. Lunch break; road trip; at the beach; on a hike…
- Flexibility of booking appointments around your busy schedule – early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- No time wasted traveling to training classes.
- Less distracting than a class full of other people and dogs, so you can focus on what is being discussed.
- Perfect for bad weather when you don’t want to/can’t go out.
- Can be less expensive than a home visit, as most trainers add travel charges to the cost.
How Will My Dog Benefit from Virtual Training?
- Perfect if your dog is anxious or fearful around other pups, people or in new environments.
- Your dog will find it easier to learn in a distraction free environment.
- More relaxed in his/her home.
- Each session is customized to the needs of your dog and we progress at his/her pace.
What can I Expect During a Virtual Session? You can expect 100% commitment to, and focus on, you and your dog. We discuss the issues/concerns you’re having, and you will have plenty of opportunity to ask questions throughout. I don’t end the session until I know you understand and are comfortable with everything we discussed.
How Do I Access My Training Session? When you sign up for a virtual training session we discuss if you would prefer to speak via Zoom, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp or Skype. If you choose Zoom for example (which is what my clients prefer), I send you a link a couple of days before our session. All you need to do is click on it. I will admit you as soon as you “arrive.”
How Do I Pay for My Training Session? A request for payment is sent through PayPal, and the invoice must be paid before the session can take place.
How Do I Get the Most Out of My Training Session?
- Before we meet, make a list of any questions or concerns you have. If you will be asking for help for a specific behavior, capture it on video and email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Find a quiet spot without distractions, and be sure to let everyone in your home who is not participating, know what time your appointment is.
- Set up the device you will be using in advance.
- If you’re using Zoom for the first time, be sure to download it and test it ahead of time.
- Be 5 minutes early for the session, in case it takes time to connect. If you’re having trouble, please email me right away.
- Be sure to take your dog out for a walk/exercise/pee or poop break before we begin.
- Have your dog’s leash near you in case we need it, so you don’t have to leave the session.
- Keep treats handy.
- Provide your dog with an activity so he’s quiet – a Kong, puzzle toy or a snuffle mat are all good options.
What Do I Do After the Training Session is Over? You will still have my full support! The day of our session I will email you a summary of what we discussed, for you to use as reference. Plan on spending 5-10 minutes for each training session you do with your dog. Too long and he’ll get bored or lose interest. How about keeping a training journal? Keep track of what you’re working on each day, how long and be sure to make note of how things are going. It will make it easier for you to see your progress…especially when you’re feeling like there isn’t any!
Can a Virtual Trainer Really Help Me with My Senior Dog? Most definitely! Have you recently rescued an old dog who needs a refresher training course? Are you looking for advice on keeping him or her comfortable, happy and healthy? If you answered yes, my care service is for you.
I’m interested But Not Sure I Want to Commit to a Package. Can You Still Help? Of course I can, just let me know you’re interested in paying as you need.
How is it Possible to Socialize a Dog Using an Online Dog Trainer? Socialization is about teaching a dog to be comfortable, calm and relaxed in our world. We do that by exposing him/her to many different people, environments, experiences, noises, sights and smells. I give you specifics on how to do just that.
Still Not Sure? Perfectly understandable.
Why not book my FREE 15 minute consultation? There’s no obligation, we just have a chat so you can tell me the issue(s) you’re having and I let you know how I can help. Should you wish to proceed that’s wonderful, I’ll be very happy to help but if not that’s okay too. What matters most to me is you get the guidance you’re looking for from a trainer you feel comfortable with. Contact me via this form or email email@example.com